Master the Art of Countertop Cooking
Welcome to Kitchen Counter Chef
We’re happy you stopped by.
Learn the best tips, tricks, and tools to cooking on your countertop without firing up the oven. We provide helpful advice and product reviews for all things related to cooking with countertop appliances.
- Who doesn’t love fried food? It’s all about that delicious crunchiness. It just feels divine as the food melts in your mouth. But it comes with health concerns for most people. Fortunately, there’s a solution. Air fryers use hot air to fry ingredients, which means they use significantly less oil than deep-frying. This helps greatly […]Read More »
- Did you know that each time you handle your food it loses a little more of its nutritional value? It’s true. Simple food handling, such as peeling an orange or slicing an apple, is a nutrient killer. Additionally, time, light, air, and moisture can threaten the nutrient content of your food. Of course, cooking kills […]Read More »
- Our furry friends are members of the family. I love making them homemade pet treats are a healthy alternative to store-bought treats. There are several reasons why making pet treats yourself is practical, and a food dehydrator is a great tool to use. First, dehydrated pet treats are much healthier than store brands are. There […]Read More »
- Jerky is delicious and can be very nutritious. Unfortunately, most store-bought brands of jerky are unhealthy and expensive. Not only is it much more economical to make your own jerky, but you can avoid the harmful MSG, high-sodium levels, nitrates, preservatives, fillers and additives prevalent in store-bought packages by making your own jerky at home. […]Read More »
- Go nuts for nuts! Nuts are one of the best sources of plant protein available, and they’re positively delicious. I’ve been soaking and dehydrating nuts for a long time because of the healthful and practical benefits. Nuts and seeds contain compounds (phytic acid) that help them remain dormant until the right conditions are present for […]Read More »